My project titled "Through My Own Eyes" is a photo montage explaining the importance of Jews traveling to Poland and experiencing the sites of the Holocaust. The video is aimed at Jewish travelers who are contemplating a trip to Poland, but worred about current anti-Semtism there. Through the use of historical evidence, magazine articles, photographs, quotes, and dramatic music, I presented the reality of the situation. I attempted to make a case for both sides of the issue, but I argued that the benefits of the trip outweigh the negatives of Polish anti-Semitism.
April 3 – April 24, 2014
· Worked on first version of video for RHE 309K: Rhetoric of Tourism class
· Collected and organized photos, picked a song, and added transitions between slides
· Presented in class on April 24
May 13 – May 26, 2014
· Edited video before initial submission to TheJUMP
· Added more information about contemporary anti-Semitism and broadened the scope of the video
November 6 – November 13, 2014
· Made final revisions to video based on comments from reviewers at TheJUMP
· Added additional historical information, identified some of the locations in the photographs, and revised the ending.
· Added text-based description of visual content
· Wrote a project reflection